Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Day 3 & 4 in New Delhi

Lots of food on Wednesday. We then went to the Red Fort. Indians are only charged 10 rupees (5 cents) to get into the Red Fort while tourists get in for $2. The Red Fort is awesome. It HUGE with multiple buildings within it. Our cousin, different than the one who picked us up, is a Historian and helped explain the significance of each of the buildings. Many of the buildings are filled with marble and some have intricate stone work. My favorite building (Insert name) is where the “king” was bathed by multiple NUDE women!! There is a still used Mosque than unfortunately we could not see inside but I understand is also well decorated. After we finished at the Red Fort we went and got Kulfi from a store somewhere in-between the Red Fort and our house. Afterwards more food, first chow mein, then Manchurian . It was pretty good, it tasted like meatballs  in beef broth but was made from cabbage and carrots. 

Went to the mall today. It was an open air mall that had an amusement park in it as well. Adventure Island at Metro Walk 
http://www.delhilive.com/the-metro-walk-mall. 
The flagship stores are Pantaloons and E-Zone. I was the only tourist there which was pretty cool. You could tell it was a more upscale location as I had few stares. While Vatsala was Sari shopping I went to McDonalds. No, they don’t server hamburgers…Instead McChicken is the flagship sandwich but they had other items like the McPuff Pizza Pocket and McAloo Tiki. Once you walk in you do feel like you are in America as the design goes but the noise was classic India. I went in there with just Priyanka and I was a little intimidated. One guy tried to cut in front of me but he could tell I knew the rules and got behind me. Again I was treated differently than everyone else, at first I didn’t notice it but my food was made available right away and people that had ordered prior to  me were still waiting. Also I was holding Priyanka with one arm and the tray with another. A worker grabbed my tray and asked me if I needed help finding a seat. We then searched the busy restaurant for a seat. There was a table where two people were about to sit and I am not sure what the lady said but they both quickly got up and left without any argument. Pretty uneventful day but tomorrow we have a 4:00 AM wake-up call to get to Agra.

1 comment:

Lil T said...

You know if I was there, Wyatt and I would totally be proclaiming "McAloo Tiki, abracadabra!"