Thursday, November 20, 2008

Trip to Lucknow

We left Agra about 9:30 and headed by SUV to Lucknow. An hour in I saw a huge statue of the Monkey God but couldn’t grab my camera quick enough. 2 hours in there was a toll of 50 rupees for no particular reason that I could see. No bridge, no change in the road.

Our car broke down about half-way through the trip. The A/C belt broke.No problem right? Nope the car won’t start now. Raju and I tried to push the car from the side to jump start it with no luck. I had to get in the back and push. Success the car started. I have never jump started a car so I thought the driver was going to have to start driving so I ran to the side and jumped in. I banged my head but not too bad. Maybe we should have taken the train…..Yeah we should have taken the train. Our driver didn’t know where the hell he was going. He ended up going 30 minutes past the turn to Lucknow and then we were still lost all without A/C. Not fun….We finally arrived to Lucknow 7.5 hours after leaving Agra. We were met by our Uncle, my mother-in-law’s youngest brother(sorry wrong in-law listed, now corrected) and his brother-in-law.

No comments: