We left the hotel and went sightseeing in Allahabad. We went to the Sangam and went out on a boat. This the place the three rivers meet and is a very sacred place. Which means lots of touts and beggars. It was nice and quiet on the water. Once at the three forks you could see the 3 colors of water and them mixing, pretty cool. Back at shore we when to the home of the first prime minister. Then it was off to Varanasi. Along the way our driver mentioned a religious place that was supposed to be pretty cool and only 8 km off the path.
When we pulled up the first thing we saw was a 30 foot Monkey God, sorta like the one I saw on the way to Lucknow. It was closed but we were allowed to check-out the outside. Still pretty cool. We then went next door to where Sitha’s ashes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sita) were buried. This was a Hindu temple and was very nice. It was well worth going to and I could tell this was not a place most Non-Indian tourists go. The rest of the journey was no eventful. We then arrived at the Ramada Plaza JHV. As soon as I walked in I felt like I was back in the US. The only way to extinguish it from the American counterpart was the all Indian staff and the Indian tv programming.
No comments:
Post a Comment